Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Letter Modification to include Client DD Account info

jimgaycpa
Level 1

How do I get the clients direct deposit account information to appear on the client letter?

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Accountant-Man  arent you the letter editor guru?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dascpa
Level 11

Please verify. [@FDIBank]<@FDIBank>, routing #[@FDIRTN]<@FDIRTN>, account #[@FDIAcctNo]<@FDIAcctNo>

dascpa
Level 11

I should have said copy and paste the entire sentence into your letter. The "please verify" is part of my letter I send out to clients.

jimgaycpa
Level 1

Thanks!  That works, but it also is printing a additional line saying the IRS will mail them a refund directly.  How do I make that disappear?  This is the text:

Your federal refund of $<@FDIEFRef> will be directly deposited in your bank account.
[@FDIEFDDNo] Please verify. [@FDIBank]<@FDIBank>, routing #[@FDIRTN]<@FDIRTN>, account #[@FDIAcctNo]<@FDIAcctNo>

Your refund of $<@FDIEFRef> will be mailed to you automatically by the Internal Revenue Service.
[@FDIBPREF]

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

That last line was not part of my reply above.  It must be left over from your original ProSeries letter (which I totally change).  Get rid of: 

Your refund of $<@FDIEFRef> will be mailed to you automatically by the Internal Revenue Service.
[@FDIBPREF]

jimgaycpa
Level 1

Yes, sure I could do that, but it was in the default letter before I added the line and wasn't printing before.  And what about the clients that don't do DD and get a check?  If I delete the line, it won't say anything???

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Here is my entire item.  I delete line 1 or 2, whichever is not applicable.  Haven't spent the time to automate it as ProSeries letter inputs are so friggin horrible.

Please verify. [@FDIBank]<@FDIBank>, routing #[@FDIRTN]<@FDIRTN>, account #[@FDIAcctNo]<@FDIAcctNo>
----> NO INFO. If you wish direct deposit, please provide bank name, checking or savings, account # and routing #.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I used to edit the client letter each year, but seriously, hardly any of my clients actually read it, and it was such a PITA.

The only thing I do nowadays is add a line for my invoice amount to show up at the bottom of page 2.

0 Cheers
jimgaycpa
Level 1

I think you all may be thinking of the Organizer Letter, I am actually modifying the Client Letter on the tax return.  The transfer to 2022 left off all of the Bank account numbers, so we are adding the ones from last year, and asking the client to verify when they review their finished copy, as a double-check.  That's why I need this in universally in every tax return.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I dont use the Organizer, so Ive never even seen that letter.

0 Cheers