Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help to prepare a 1045 nol carryback loss. loss in 2019. taxable income in years 2013,14,15,16,17,18

keith182348
Level 1

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You still need to calculate the NOL (Schedule A of Form 1045).  I see you are using ProSeries Basic, but you may consider using Professional on a Pay-Per-Return basis (or just enter the information for free, just to see how the numbers work) for that.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
rbynaker
Level 13

Isn't it too late to file a 1045 for a 2019 NOL?  I think at this point you have to file 1040X for the impacted year(s).

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You still need to calculate the NOL (Schedule A of Form 1045).  I see you are using ProSeries Basic, but you may consider using Professional on a Pay-Per-Return basis (or just enter the information for free, just to see how the numbers work) for that.

0 Cheers
keith182348
Level 1

Have a client, a football player based in Maryland. He played in Buffalo but was not issued a W2 like he got from  other states played. Maryland's office sent a letter showing the federal and state amounts earned in Buffalo. They said  according to their legal department they do not issue W2s or 1099s nor deduct taxes.

How to report on tax return?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Start a new thread instead of tacking on to an old, unrelated one.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers