Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS A 100% DISALBED VETRAN ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM THE CHILD TAX CREDIT EVEN THOUGH HE HAS NO EARNED INCOME?

RANDYBLANK
Level 3
SPOUSE HAS EARNED INCOME.
0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
sjrcpa
Level 15

Do you mean Dependent Care Credit Form 2441?

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Child tax credit?    Im confused, what does earned income have to do with CTC?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
RANDYBLANK
Level 3

You’re right, I meant to say the dependent care credit

0 Cheers
RANDYBLANK
Level 3

Yes i did,  sorry. 

0 Cheers
RANDYBLANK
Level 3

Yes, that’s what I was trying to ask. 

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

f2441 instructions...If You or Your Spouse Was a Student or Disabled

2023 Instructions for Form 2441 (irs.gov)

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
RANDYBLANK
Level 3

Thank you for responding to my question.  And thank you for overlooking my obvious mistake is asking about the child tax credit instead of the dependent care credit.  I, too, read the instructions about being disabled and still claiming the credit.  However, here is what the instructions say..... 'Your spouse was disabled if they weren’t physically or mentally capable of caring for themselves.'  My client, that has been recognized militarily to be 100% disabled on a permanent basis,  he comes to my office, accompanied by his spouse.  He and I have back and forth conversations, his spouse does help him with some aspects of what is going on.  I do not think that he qualifies as not being able to physically or mentally care for himself.  My question now is whether or not military 100% disability would satisfy the 2441 requirement.    

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

<< My client, that has been recognized militarily to be 100% disabled on a permanent basis>>

........... good enough for me.... I doubt you'll find anything definitive from the IRS one way or the other from the IRS.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround