Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the 1065 Partner Basis Statements be finalized?

Michelle7
Level 3

The partner basis statements have a red note stating "NOTE FOR TY23: The partner basis is in the process of being updated for tax year 2023. As such, amounts shown on this screen cannot be relied upon until development is complete".  When will development be complete for this statement?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitGabi

Our pleasure to get you back to your workflow, @Michelle7 @AP5 @Lookingforhelp

Stay tuned with ProSeries News and Updates and the Hot topics page for more related to ProSeries. Happy filing, all! 

@Michelle7 Did a message on this thread answer your original question? Select "Accept as solution" to mark this thread as resolved. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
20 Comments 20
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its not in the list of forms in the schedule, so I'm not sure when it will be ready.   

Have you looked at it?  Are the numbers landing where they should?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Michelle7
Level 3

I didn't see it in the list of forms still to be updated either.  It looks like the statement is calculating correctly but I am afraid some partners will notice the note and start calling asking if we will be sending updated statements.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitGabi  do you have any information on this finalization date? 

Its not in the list of forms like the others where we can watch for the finalizing.

Wanda1
Level 1

Please advise when an update will be available or remove the red note.

Michelle7
Level 3

I called Proseries and made them aware of this.  

kst843
Level 3

I called 2 weeks ago and was told it would be ready 2/14. However, the person I spoke to did not seem to understand what I was asking.

Lookingforhelp
Level 2

I called ProSeries this morning asking when the red note on the Partner's Basis Statement will be fixed (Note for TY23: The Partner's Basis Statement is in the process of being updated for tax year 2023. As such, amounts shown on this screen cannot be relied upon until development is complete.). I was told that there was no projected date and that they are working on updates all the time.

ProSeries- this red not on the Federal Partner's Basis Statement affects every partnership and LLC return. We cannot send tax returns to clients with red notes that say they cannot be relied upon. Please let us know when this will be fixed.

Thank you 

Paul

JeromeLeventhal
Level 3

I am on the phone with ProSeries and I am being told that it will take another two weeks to solve this issue. That brings us to March 1st. Only 15 days before the due date. This is not fair to all of the hard-working accountants who rely on Intuit.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If the numbers are accurate, Id go ahead and give them to those that need it prior to the form being finalized, let them know the situation and that you've confirmed the figures to be accurate.

0 Cheers
JeromeLeventhal
Level 3

Lisa - Thank you for the very good practical advice. However, this is basic functionality of the program, and we should not need to spend time explaining to clients why they should ignore a big red warning. Proseries should have fixed this a long time ago. They should fix it immediately.

AP5
Level 2

This is not fair after paying such a big fees for using the software. I contacted other accountant who is using different programs and they donot have any problem with their software.

This will make all of us to think about realiability of proseries software realiability if they are not able to fix problem in timely manner.

I eas expecting fix within 48 hours and not 20 days. When problem was reported before 12th Feb. and proseries tech support even was not aware of this till I called and sais that it on community forum

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Theres obviously something they're waiting for in order to finalize this form, otherwise it would be available by now, like every other year.

@IntuitGabi  can you share what the reason is for the delay with this form?  

JeromeLeventhal
Level 3

FYI...There appears to be a software update that was just sent out that has resolved this issue. Good luck to all for a successful tax season!

IntuitGabi

Yes, let me see the status on this. Thanks all. 

IntuitGabi

It looks like this was resolved in a recent release. Make sure your software is up to date. 
Let me know on this thread if you continue to see this message and we can investigate further-Here's a help article: How to update ProSeries software

Michelle7
Level 3

All good on my end.  Thanks for your help!

AP5
Level 2

Yes after updating software message will disappeared.

Thank you for taking time to update the software quickly after drawing attention on community board.

Lookingforhelp
Level 2

Thanks for solving the problem

Paul

IntuitGabi

Our pleasure to get you back to your workflow, @Michelle7 @AP5 @Lookingforhelp

Stay tuned with ProSeries News and Updates and the Hot topics page for more related to ProSeries. Happy filing, all! 

@Michelle7 Did a message on this thread answer your original question? Select "Accept as solution" to mark this thread as resolved. 

0 Cheers
AP5
Level 2

"Accept as solution" 

0 Cheers