Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iron Mans Post

rcooley25
Level 11

Is it just my imagination or something else?

Since Iron Man got sent to the principals office recently it seems some of our old friends, or cronies as they have been reffered  to , are afraid to make post. I have noticed a lack of well known names making post.

16 Comments 16
IRonMaN
Level 15

If folks aren't posting, it's a time issue rather than a principal's office issue.

Slava Ukraini!
JRC
Level 8

For me most of the Questions being asked are either for Pro Connect or are not related to tax professionals. So instead of getting to involved I have been biting my tongue.  

Without getting into to much trouble the questions being asked lately are not from professional tax preparers.

PATAX
Level 15

Brother Cooley, tax season may have ended for you, but for many of us it continues. We now have to do payroll tax returns for the first quarter, sales tax returns, Etc depending on the business client. We have returns on extension to do, some of which are quite large. 990 returns for calendar year are coming due soon May 15th. Iron Man is the King of this Forum and will always be. Being that I am descended from the Nobleman Lagos Von Almassy de Filicz, Royal Counselor to the Habsburg Monarchy, I hereby coronated Iron Man years ago as the King of this Forum, and he has not abdicated, nor has his Royal Title been usurped. I am and will always be a loyal subject of the House of Iron Man.

sewcpa
Level 5

I agree with what you (PATAX) say. I usually visit here in the evenings after the clients get out of the way and so usually it is too late to participate in discussions unless someone is desperate for an answer that I really know.  But I need the smiles that I get from reading everyone's comments for the day.

I would like to add that in TX we do have a state tax on corporations and LLC which is due May 15th. This includes the fools who chose to get an LLC without asking if it was a good idea. So one more deadline that is immediate. 

And then those folks that are extended are asking when theirs will be ready (already)!!!

PATAX
Level 15

@sewcpa oh yes some of them became llc's because they thought it was the "cool thing" to do, and didn't know much about it or other forms of organization.🤡🤡🤡

rcooley25
Level 11

For many years I also did bookkeeping and accounting work. Yes every three months there would be all of that exxtra work to do. Like you said payroll reports which included state and federal 941;s nd let us not forget the state unemployment reports. I guess I needed my memory jogged.

Some of the questions asked were so dumb I sure hope they weren’t from professional preparers.

Hey Intuit, you know who paid the big bucks for the program.  Can’t you limit posts to the professionals?

rcooley25
Level 11

I could not agree with you more. I have kept quiet on this ( if you can beleive that) but I have wondered from time to time that with some of the questions being ask what are some of the people doing preparing tax returns.

PATAX
Level 15

@Frustrated-in-IL some of us have been saying for some time now the same thing that this forum should be limited to tax professionals and individuals should be screened. That should not be too hard. Another forum that I belong to does that, and it is a private email based forum. I love helping other people because that is the right thing to do, but we should not have to help do it yourselfers who are in effect redirecting business from us.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You are kicking that dead horse again.  As long as Intuit has provided a forum, they have been asked to limit the users to users of their professional tax products.  We could have just as well asked for FREE software because neither of those things are ever going to happen.🙄

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Some people go away for a few days after the April deadline.  Others just stay at home and nurse their hangovers instead of posting here.  

rcooley25
Level 11

I do both.

ljr
Level 8

just trying to get through as much of the extension pile as possible so then I can go take a 2 week nap without them looming over my head. I can try to ignore the accounting stuff until I come back recharged. I'm running on empty right about now. Even just taking Sundays off is not enough at this point. I try to log on to see if there is something I can answer quickly or just to read what you guys are up to. 

What is a day off?

I hope to take the weekend of May 6-7 off.  Will be first weekend off since December.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You had a weekend off in December?  I’m jealous.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I took off this past Saturday and Sunday.... it felt wonderful - the workload can wait for 48hrs.  My grandson has been patiently waiting for me to have an entire day to spend with him. We enjoyed two days together.   

Monday morning was back to reality..... quarterly payroll reports, extensions, and the accounting backlog.