Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INDIANA AMENDED RETURN

Rikrdo
Level 2

I can't find form IT-40x for the state of Indiana for 2021, when is this going to be available???

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

There is no longer an IT40X.    Check box at top right of IT40 for amending return

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

There is no longer an IT40X.    Check box at top right of IT40 for amending return

Steph12
Level 1

Proseries is still not allowing the amended return for the state of IN to be e-filed. I am still getting an error message on the federal form that says I have to pick a state from the drop down. IN is not one of the states in the drop down options. I have been waiting for an update for over 2 weeks.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You can't file all states amended returns. Do you have knowledge that ProSeries will allow this?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Steph12
Level 1

I just spoke with the proseries tech support. The is still some communication challenges between proseries and the state of IN. When you check the box to mark the return as amended it is supposed to turn the form into a 1040X. Proseries has not implemented the capability to e-file the amended for 2021. However, the state of IN is allowing amended returns to be e-filed for 2021.

0 Cheers