Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Indiana preparers? I have to amend a 2021 return

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

yea I missed the property tax credit (its my only IN client, moved there 2 year ago)....I see a place to input a refund received from the original return, but Im not seeing a place to input the money paid with the original return, so the amended return looks like she owes more money......can anyone point me in the right direction?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

Lisa, amount paid on original is entered on Schedule 5, line 3   There's a box in the program to enter the amount 

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
rbynaker
Level 13

@dkh maybe knows?

VA is also weird with amended returns.  There's a supplemental amended return info sheet that shows the refund/balance due after the amendment, but nothing actually shows up on the face of the amended return.  Maybe IN is the same way?  I print out the worksheet and highlight the actual number if client has to pay or refund amount so they know what to look for.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not seeing it in the forms list, I thought when I checked the Amended return box, something would light up and show me the way, but Im not seeing it.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Lisa, amount paid on original is entered on Schedule 5, line 3   There's a box in the program to enter the amount 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

where it says estimated or extension payment?  Thank You!

Ahh, I see the "smart" worksheet above that line, excellent, thanks again!

dkh
Level 15

You're welcome!

Yeah the line description doesn't really sound like it would be included.