Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPORT QUICKBOOKS ONLINE INTO PRO SERIES

TAXATION
Level 4

CAN YOU IMPORT QUICKBOOKS ONLINE INTO PRO SERIES?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
dascpa
Level 11

This doesn't answer your question but why do it? With the constant change in tax forms and tax laws (i.e. PPP forgiveness) isn't it just as easy NOT to map QB to PS and just enter the P&L and Balance Sheet in PS?

0 Cheers
TAXATION
Level 4

??   That is the purpose of "mapping" the accounts to tax info.  Why map if your suggestion is to "manually" enter?

One can "import" easily with QB desktop so asking if possible with Online but no answer from the Intuit Online techs.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

You'll find the more "stuff" you add on for ease, the more the stuff breaks down and the more time that is wasted trying to fix it.  Intuit Link. Tax Scan and Import. QB Import and more.  All of these things sound great but sometimes entering 15 numbers manually is a lot quicker. I'm all for speed and technology but we know technology doesn't always work.

TAXATION
Level 4

Too bad about the issues you are having but my post is to find a solution to the issued raised and not yours.   Maybe if you post your issues you might get better responses. 

dascpa
Level 11

I've been doing this for 39 years.  I am not having issues because I know what works and what doesn't, but thank you for your suggestion.  Enjoy the rest of your tax season.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Did you read the Help Article? I googled it for you:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/trial-balance/help/updating-proseries-tax-return-with-quickb...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
TAXATION
Level 4

CAN YOU IMPORT QUICKBOOKS “ONLINE” (as one can do with QB Desktop) INTO PRO SERIES?

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Currently, only in a round-about manner through QuickBooks Desktop. It's in our roadmap to do so directly in the next year.

What follows are instructions from an internal source written a year ago.. I do not know if they are up to date.

Step 1 - Export to Desktop: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/import-or-export-data-files/export-and-convert-you...

Step 2 - Assign the Income Tax Form in the company file & export to ProSeries

1. Go to the Company menu in QB Desktop and select My Company.
  2. On the My Company screen, click the Edit icon in the top right hand corner
  3. On the Company Information dialog, select Report Information from the left navigation menu
  4. Select a return type from the Income Tax Form Used dropdown menu and click OK
  5. Next, you need to confirm the tax line mapping has been generated. Go to the Accountant menu and select Chart of Accounts
  6. Right Click on an entry and select Edit Account. Confirm that the Tax-Line Mapping field is populated.
  7. You can now export the company file to ProSeries. Go to File > Utilities > Export > Balances to ProSeries Tax 20NN
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Orlando 

Based on the Title of this topic, you now have people finding it and literally reading it as "Ask My Anything" right here. It seems time to lock this topic.

@TAXATION Already asked the QB import question, here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/import-quickbooks-onlin...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers