Updating a tax return in ProSeries Professional with data from a QuickBooks company file.
Important Notes Regarding QuickBooks Data Import:
- The import can only be done with a version of QuickBooks that is one year previous, one year later, or the same year as the ProSeries tax return. For example, ProSeries 2016 can only import from QuickBooks 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Only the Quickbooks Administrator can update ProSeries returns with QuickBooks data.
- The QuickBooks company file must be in Single User mode.
- If you're going to transfer data from the previous year's ProSeries tax return, you must do so before you update the return with QuickBooks data.
- You cannot import from QuickBooks Online; ProSeries looks for a desktop version of QuickBooks to be installed and the Import option will not be available if QB Online is used. For help getting a QuickBooks Online client onto a desktop version, please contact QuickBooks Online Service/Support.
To Update the tax return with QuickBooks Data:
Open ProSeries Professional Edition.
Open the tax return you want to import the QuickBooks data into.
Go to the Import menu, and select Update Return with QuickBooks Data.
In the Update Tax Return with QuickBooks Data dialog box, select the QuickBooks company file(s) that you want to import.
Click the Continue button to go on to the next Update Return with QuickBooks Data dialog box.
This box will show a list of accounts that have been assigned to specific tax forms and lines. Review the information that appears for accuracy.
To continue with the import process, click Update, and the data will be imported.
Save the ProSeries client file after updating with QuickBooks data.
For further information, please refer to the ProSeries Help Center, which is accessed by clicking the F1 key on your keyboard, or by going to Help, then selecting Help Center.