Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help to manage clients in a solo practice. Last night I received a phone call out of the blue from routine checkups I have invasive cancer.

AmyRose
Level 2

Good day.

I am trying my best to be a professional here under sudden duress. The well-being of my clients is important to me in all this too.

My always normal routine annual exams for decades, suddenly is not. A phone call last night flipped my world.

I am not sure what lies ahead for me energy and clear headedness with the news last night to expect surgery for invasive cancer, radiation, and chemo. I may have a very tough year ahead as more tests and treatment unfolds.

Taxes are a part of my overall financial expertise.

I am looking for another professional that uses ProSeries that I could potentially transfer the almost 50 incomplete files too if needed to finish 2022 filings.

I have detailed notes of exactly what is missing on each return that has had data entered as far as it can go.

I have some clients in the US Virgin Islands. Experience filing there is a plus because they do not file with the IRS except for Social Security taxes, but I can train you on this difference for the right fit. The USVI mirrors IRS tax codes in almost every area. USVI filings are all on paper.

I am well compensated for my unique expertise and have a heavy emphasis on self-employed and rental property owners.

I would expect a revenue share and a contract would be executed with agreed terms.

It is unknown if I would be transferring 2023 and future years of filings at this time. There could be up to 100 or so of those clients.

I have a very clean professional track record and primarily excellent to work professional clients. We all have a few messy ones, don’t we?

Please reach out if you would be open to a discussion about assisting in my situation, or if you have taken over a practice in the past under similar circumstances successfully.

On a more personal note, do your routine checkups.

Until today, I had not been active in the group. It was suggested by the staff at ProSeries I reach out here for help.

Be blessed and thank you in advance for your kindness and support.

10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

Too me, the word "cancer" is the scariest word in the English language.  I don't know you personally, but I feel terrible for what you are going through.  I wish you the best of luck in your fight and I am hoping that you can achieve the best outcome possible.

If you are looking for some assistance it might be helpful to indicate what state you are in to potentially help narrow down what folks would be dealing with.  I think your willingness to look out for your clients at this stage of the game is an admirable trait.  Hopefully you will be able to locate someone to help you and your clients out.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I can't help as I use Lacerte, but I wish you the best with this ordeal.  Keep us posted on your progress; it sounds like you've been lurking here without a lot of postings.  If so, you know we are generally a caring group.  

Posting your general location might help; and whether most of your contact with clients is face to face or virtual.    

Also consider reaching out in your area to see if someone there could help.

And remember, YOU are the priority.  Your concern for your clients is admirable, especially under the circumstance.  But taking care of yourself and your health has to come first.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
AmyRose
Level 2

Good point on location.

I have clients in the US Virgin Islands and US stateside. 

Geographic location is not a limiting factor here.

AmyRose
Level 2

Thank you for kind words.

Good point on location.

I have clients in the US Virgin Islands and US stateside. 

Geographic location is not a limiting factor here.

Zooms are very workable and shared folders or via snail mail  with many of the clients here are an option.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Geographic location is not a limiting factor here"

It's not limiting, but it is helpful to someone contemplating the situation.

Slava Ukraini!
schmidty
Level 1

I am sorry to hear about your sudden diagnosis.  I can't imagine what you are going through.  

A colleague and I are also sole practitioners with many years of experience.  We are interested in helping out with your returns.  I couldn't figure out a way to message you directly, so I am leaving a post here.  Let me know if I/we can help.

0 Cheers
AmyRose
Level 2

Please send me your contact info to [removed] Thank you.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

For your online safety, I removed your email. To contact each other, type in the Display Name of the user in the Private message feature: 

Private message.jpgScreenshot 2023-06-07 at 11.19.28 AM.png

Continue to reach out in the community if you have any other questions! Wishing you calming, restful healing and loud laughs with loved ones. 

0 Cheers
AmyRose
Level 2

Thank you.  A new user to this forum and now I know!

schmidty
Level 1

I did not know that either.  I had looked around but it was not very intuitive for me to look there.