Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have almost never seen this before

IRonMaN
Level 15

I remember a few years ago when Minnesota Revenue came out with a news release threatening Intuit to clean up their act because of software issues.  I have never seen anything like that before that day or since.  So today I received an e-mail from Minnesota Revenue letting me know that my Tax Slayer returns may have an error in them.  Oh wait, I don't use Tax Slayer and the good folks in Saint Paul would know that.  So why not just notify Tax Slayer users of the issue, or is it their their way of saying "if you were thinking of switching to Tax Slayer next year, you might want to think again"? 😀

About 2,500 Minnesota Individual Income Tax returns submitted through TaxSlayer software did not include the refundable 2021 Minnesota Working Family Credit when clients qualified for and included it.

This error made by TaxSlayer affected Minnesota returns submitted April 13-18 through the software. The error has since been resolved.

What will happen with these returns?

The Minnesota Department of Revenue has adjusted these returns to include the Working Family Credit for clients who qualified. We started sending adjustment letters and refunds to affected clients.

What should I do if this error affected my clients?

Your client should receive an adjustment letter from us by July 15. If they do not, you or your client may call us at 651-296-3781 or 1-800-652-9094.

Slava Ukraini!
13 Comments 13
JRC
Level 8

Well "Tax Slayer" will just blame the error on "Putin".

IRonMaN
Level 15

Minnesota has been correcting higher income returns for 2019 and 2020 for their own bad tables they had in the instructions so Tax Slayer will probably blame Minnesota.  But then again, they can be just like us and blame Intuit. 😬

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

One night four students were partying and did not study for an exam the next day.  In the morning they thought of a plan.

They went to the teacher and said they had been at a wedding the night before and on their way home they got a puncture in their tire.  It took so long to fix they were in no condition to take the exam.

The teacher kindly allowed them an extra day to do a re-test.  The students all thanked him and said they'd be ready.

When they took their test they were required to sit in separate classrooms.  The test consisted of one question, worth 100% of the semester grade.

The question....

Which tire was flat?

Let the moral of the story guide you for the rest of the day.

IRonMaN
Level 15

They were victims of poor planning and poor communications.  All four of them now work in key roles at Intuit. 😬

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

OHHHHHH ouch!

Camp1040
Level 10

Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd break into a distillery, Daffy comes upon a huge wooden vat and asks Elmer “is this whiskey” Elmer responded “not as whiskey as robbing a bank.”

IRonMaN
Level 15

Just to set the rules straight - if you are going to tell a joke, make sure all of the facts are correct:

"not as whiskey as wobbing a bank"

There, now it is corrected.  And thank you for contribution to the joke vault.  I wonder if we can get Intuit to get a search function that at least works correctly to find jokes posted here. 😁

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

I can't believe I was so careless, you are absolutely white.

IRonMaN
Level 15

So as to not interject any racial overtones into Looney Tunes, can we just say that I was "absolutely wight"?

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10
  • Yes, of course, I had that at first, just didn't look wight.
IRonMaN
Level 15

You need to look through Looney Tune tinted glasses for these things to look wight on the first pass.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

Looney Tunes. Is that not the name Intuit use to operate under?

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's the name that all tax preparers operate under.  You have to be a little looney to do this job.

Slava Ukraini!