IRonMaN
Level 15

I remember a few years ago when Minnesota Revenue came out with a news release threatening Intuit to clean up their act because of software issues.  I have never seen anything like that before that day or since.  So today I received an e-mail from Minnesota Revenue letting me know that my Tax Slayer returns may have an error in them.  Oh wait, I don't use Tax Slayer and the good folks in Saint Paul would know that.  So why not just notify Tax Slayer users of the issue, or is it their their way of saying "if you were thinking of switching to Tax Slayer next year, you might want to think again"? 😀

About 2,500 Minnesota Individual Income Tax returns submitted through TaxSlayer software did not include the refundable 2021 Minnesota Working Family Credit when clients qualified for and included it.

This error made by TaxSlayer affected Minnesota returns submitted April 13-18 through the software. The error has since been resolved.

What will happen with these returns?

The Minnesota Department of Revenue has adjusted these returns to include the Working Family Credit for clients who qualified. We started sending adjustment letters and refunds to affected clients.

What should I do if this error affected my clients?

Your client should receive an adjustment letter from us by July 15. If they do not, you or your client may call us at 651-296-3781 or 1-800-652-9094.

Slava Ukraini!