Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split 1099-Misc income for rental property on schedule E with partners SSN documented for supporting detail

bgoldsmith
Level 2

My client was issued a 1099-Misc, that is to be split 50/50 with their partner for rental income. In lacerte I was able to have a federal supporting detail worksheet where I showed my partners SSN and then the reduction in rental income to correctly show 50%. Where is the screen in proseries?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I would probably put the full amount on schedule E on the Rent income line then subtract out 1/2 of the 1099 on line 19 other expenses with a description like "Portion of 1099-Misc belonging to others"

Something like that - just to get to the correct result.

And tell the client to have the payer pay each of them separately next year and issue separate forms 1099.

Of course if all the payments were made out only to your client - I suppose the argument could be made, that all of the income is his, and perhaps he should have issued a 1099-Misc to his partner.

I think I may have just confused myself. lol. 

qbteachmt
Level 15

"and perhaps he should have issued a 1099-Misc to his partner."

Yes.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers