Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get the returns to efile?

AmyK1962
Level 3

Hello!  I can't get a return to efile.  Have shut down, checked internet...just sits and spins and then says Not filed...what is kind of weird is that the home base says "ready to Transmit" by the client?

Suggestions?

HELP...ugh

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
is the file too big?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

I would try running an update and then reconvert the file and try again.

Slava Ukraini!
AmyK1962
Level 3

Tried that, tried just filing Federal and no luck..

What is Sanitize on the Client Maintenance LOL?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
sanitize is for sending a client file to Intuit for diagnostics, it removes all the personal info

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Amy, try renaming the file or using Save as and give it a new name (be sure if you save as you uncheck the EF boxes on the original file or you'll get a duplicate SSN message), Ive seen this fix it for others, no clue how or why!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Is it a problem with just one client, or is it all clients?  If it is all clients, try going to you computer start button.  Click on it and then select ProSeries.  Then click on repair updates.  See if that does anything.  If that doesn't work, my next step would be to throw the computer out the window and call it a day ------------- but maybe that's just me 😬

Slava Ukraini!
AmyK1962
Level 3

Am trying that now...it is only one return, however, I do have a Schedule D attachment and I did 2 uploads for this return....maybe it can only process one?  

I reuploaded the attachment and it is still just spinning...the VA return transmitted, but not the Federal...UGH...

Guess I will have to call

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
is the file too big?

AmyK1962
Level 3

Thanks for all of your help-both of you!  I appreciate it!  I called and he had no clue about file size...googled it and yep...too big...I just typed in the darn transactions...faster than rescanning to get the right size lol..

FILED!!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

👍

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers