Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easier way to input transactions on the 1099-B when there are wash sales (or other adjustments)?

itpcb
Level 1

I have a client who has a 45 page 1099-B summary statement, over a million in proceeds/basis, with 45k in wash sales.  With the new 1099-B worksheet, is there an easier way then having to input each transaction / stock in the Quick Entry Table?

I can't really put it in the top box with the client having wash sales and with there being well over 1,000 transactions, I don't really want to have to input each one.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Covered sales (without any wash sales) can be summarized and entered in the 8949 bypass boxes ta the top of the 1099B worksheet.

Everything else can be summarized into categories and entered in the entry tables, short term, long term, covered and non covered.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
itpcb
Level 1

When summarizing into categories, what would be more preferred - or cause less issues - to put each stock in the property description, mark as M (multiple sales) and put the total of each individual stock -or- to input "Summary of S/T Losses from financial account", etc. & putting in the totals summary for everything and marking as M?

0 Cheers