Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to include client letter in print order

I prepare several hundred returns for people who still want a paper copy. When I print the returns, my client letter always prints first followed by the slip sheet, 8879 and payment vouchers. When I go to assemble and staple the return, I have to sift through the pile, remove the slip sheet, 8879 and voucher and then staple the client letter to the return itself.

I know how to change the order that forms print in, but the "client letter" is not included as an option in the list of forms whose order can be changed. It seems like the client letter always prints first, not matter what. This starts to become really aggravating when time is running short.

Is there a way I can print the client letter immediately prior to the 1040, but after the slip sheet, 8879 and vouchers? Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems with my system and printer the Client Letter is a separate "print job" from the rest of the forms.

0 Cheers
msmith7305
Level 7

There is a setting for controlling the printing of letters WITH the return

0 Cheers