Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do convert my 2019 turbotax files to 2020 Pro Series files

larryan
Level 2

I am moving from Turbotax to ProSeries this year.  I dont have proseries 2019, nor turbotax 2020.  How do I convert my 2019 turbotax files to 2020 proseries files without those programs?  Do I really have to buy turbotax 2020 to do this?  Seems like a waste of money to buy Proseries, then have to buy Turbotax again.

Every article that has this as a post has... "convert your 2019 turbotax file to a 2020 turbotax file".  That is a big missing how to.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
heidis
Level 3

No, there is no converter that does this automatically.

However, With your 2020 Proseries license, you should have access to prior year Proseries 2019. Contact customer service if you do not see it available for download in your account. 

You can change the extension of the 2019 turbo tax files from .2019tax to the correct proseries extension( .19i  for indiv. This will be different for business returns)

Once you have the files in the 2019 Proseries, you will not be able to open them without charge, but they will be available for transfer to the 2020 ProSeries program.

IRonMaN
Level 15

So you are saying that you have been improperly using a personal tax software product as a paid tax preparer?  Rather than cough up a couple of bucks for Turddotaxx, you are now publicly admitting to violating the terms of use of an Intuit product on an Intuit public forum?  Or did I read your post wrong?

Slava Ukraini!
heidis
Level 3

This information comes directly from the online help and calls to customer service.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/convert-data-files/help/how-to-transfer-turbotax-returns-to-...

larryan
Level 2

all the returns I file are for personal use.  Turbotax limits you to 5.  I have a lot of LLCs and such.

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN Iron Man your "turddotaxx" reference was one of the best ones ever, I am still laughing😆👍

IRonMaN
Level 15

It was originally spelled with one d and one x, but when they created this forum, they deemed that to be a dirty word and blocked it ( I may have used it once or twice or maybe a couple of thousand times in the original forum).  Not one to give up easily, I had to get more creative and learn new ways to spell it.😁

Slava Ukraini!