Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8962 and corresponding Form 1095A

bjtvrdik
Level 1

The IRS has refused a tax return saying that it needs Form 8962, but client didn't have insurance

last year and therefore has no Form 1095A ....how can I resolve this so e-file will accept?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Have the taxpayer double check there is no 1095-A.  Have him call the Marketplace, and ask anybody that may have added them (such as parents).

If there is no 1095-A, then see this post:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-help-with-error-f896...

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They or someone on their return is signed up with marketplace insurance and a 1095A has been sent to the IRS.  They may have thought they were just getting a quote and ended up with coverage, it doesnt cancel for non payment.  Happens more often than one would think.

They need to call healthcare.gov and see whats on file for them or someone listed on their tax return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
bjtvrdik
Level 1

Thank you so much for your help. My client had to sit on the phone for along time on

order to find out that there is a 1095 on file, but she can't access it from her screen. We

are waiting for it to come in the mail now.  I learn something new everyday. Thanks again

for responding to my question.

Kathy

0 Cheers