Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

foreign tax credit

MDAROSA1
Level 3

When will Proseries allow us to efile returns with Foreign Tax Credit Form 1116. It is not reasonable this late in the season.  Proseries 2021

7 Comments 7
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Almost all of the other contributors here are other practitioners, and have no idea of the answer to your question.

0 Cheers
MDAROSA1
Level 3

Are you stating you do not understand my question or none of us know when we will be able to efile a return with the Form 1116?   My software states it cannot be efiled and will be updated in a future update?

catherine
Level 3

31 MARCH - according to Support!!!  PLEASE CALL to express your disappointment

0 Cheers
IntuitBrittneyS
Intuit Alumni

Update: Form 1116 Sch B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconciliation Schedule is now estimated to be ready for print on 3/10.

Although Form 1116 Sch B is not supported for e-file, you will be able to E-File returns with the 1116 Schedule B attached as a PDF, once that form is finalized.

For more information, please see our ProSeries Release dates page. 

0 Cheers
JaguarPaw
Level 2

I totally agree.  It's absurd to pay thousands of dollars for a tax preparation program and then not be able to file a client's return because the company hasn't made what should be a simple adjustment.  Frankly, I'm pissed off about it.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Thanks @IntuitBrittneyS 

This 30 second work around you described was pretty simple and worked for me.

go to the form, print it as a pdf and attach the pdf to the file for efile. 

It's been working to do that for a couple of days now.

0 Cheers
JaguarPaw
Level 2

The error message states that the system doesn't have that functionality.

0 Cheers