Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to file extension for CA 568

taxladee
Level 3

3537 form is requiring me to click the freeze box but then says I should NOT be clicking the freeze box!!! Anyone else having the same issue? I just want to pay the $1700 for last year with my extension to CA...not sure why I am having so many problems with this!

It says that 3537 form is NOT to be used for payment for last year. 3522 is showing estimated payments for 2022. 

Where do I pay my flipping money? How can I get the error to come off of the 3537 form? I click then not supposed click. I don't get it!

This is not a single member entity.

HELP!

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They make it so confusing for the 568, I hate it.  feels like Im always chasing it around in a circle.

The $800 fee for 2021 should have been paid in as an estimated payment in April 2021, ...you needed the 2021 Form 3536 to make the payment, or just send payment with the 2021 Form 3522. 

I dont think you send payment with the extension.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
taxladee
Level 3

Hi there, so my clients always wait until the following year to pay. I am with you, I have been going around in circles for the last 3 hours and have gotten nowhere. I have an error in my program, though, because the amount due is not flowing to the extension payment area on my information worksheet.

This is beyond frustrating to have to try to work around errors that never go away!!!!! I am almost in tears from the frustration!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think you just send the money via the 3522. Once the money is paid, that's all CA cares about.

The 3537 looks like you only use it if you have non consenting nonresident members with tax due, if you dont have any of those on the return, it gives an error message on the 3537

3537message.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers