Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 7206 for 2023

rcooley25
Level 11

Does anyone have any Idea when form 7206 will be available for E filing?

30 Comments 30
IRonMaN
Level 15

Today was the estimated day so sit back and have another fireball and see if it happens.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The actual form was still in draft as of the 1st of February and the instructions are still in draft at IRS, so don't hold your breath for today.

Gross wages line of Sch C did say delayed until Feb 8th, thats moved to the 14th now.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

The form is final on the IRS website and I never hold my breath --------- at my age I'm afraid I won't be able to get my breathing to start up again once it stops.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The form is final now, but it was still in draft on the 1st of Feb, so it hasnt been final long.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, but it is final now.  I don't tend to track the IRS website daily to see what forms are out of draft form, but it is final now so that excuse is off the table for Intuit if the form isn't finalized here a week from now.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It usually takes a plural form of "week" for a form to go from final at IRS to final for us, but maybe we'll get lucky.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Just as a side note, this isn't my first Intuit rodeo so I kinda know how it works 😉

Slava Ukraini!

I think Brother Cooley is just messing with us.  He is probably on a beach somewhere with a bottle of Fireball in each hand and calling upon the tax Gods to make Form 7206 this year's version of Form 8915, meaning we won't see it in final version until April 10th!

rcooley25
Level 11

No I am not messing with you. AS you know in past years  have had my problems with 8915F. Well now I am retired and not doing tax returns for the public anymore. So I start tow work on my own tax returns and what do I run into but a problems with 7206. Going by what I have read some preparers are having problems with not being able to print certain forms also. I hope my supplier has plenty of fireball on hand becasue I think that I am going to need .

I sort of thought your "retiring" was a ruse to corner the market on the Fireball in the western suburbs so I have been stockpiling it these past few months.  Problem is with Forms like the 7206 and the 5695 still not ready, with the formsets for the client letters continually disappearing, and with transmission failures for an outdated version of the program when the program is up to date, I have been invading that stockpile too often and might deplete it by end of February.  I may have to make that 30 minute drive to the Joliet area and invade your Fireball repository.

Camp1040
Level 10

I feel we should be ringing our hands about form 5695!!

I don't think that my clients waiting on this form will quit me and prepare their own returns.

Camp1040_0-1707330646751.png

rcooley25
Level 11

Invade my fireball supply. That means war.

IRonMaN
Level 15

For the record I just ran an update and the form is still on the boat and hasn't made it to shore yet

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's here.  Just wait your turn for the update to reach you and you should be good to go.

Slava Ukraini!

Both the Form 5695 and the Form 7206 done?  I am impressed.  Perhaps Intuit just wanted not being the reason for a battle over Fireball in the Chicago suburbs.

Camp1040
Level 10

Just saying...maybe Intuit updated alphabetically, I had both last night, or I'm special!!😁

rcooley25
Level 11

How long do you reccomend I wait before I just say the Hell with it and mail it in?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You are on the doorstep so I wouldn't mail it in.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Just saying...maybe Intuit updated alphabetically, I had both last night, or I'm special!!"

My firm name is Aaron Ardvark Accounting and Acupuncture so I don't think they were doing it alphabetically 😁

Slava Ukraini!

@ rcooley25 said:

How long do you reccomend I wait before I just say the Hell with it and mail it in?

Didn't you see the email on this?  It says retired guys get their updates last, on the anniversary date of the issuance of the 2020 Form 8915, unless they pay a user fee of two cases of Fireball.

IRonMaN
Level 15

That e-mail was sent in error.  They subsequently corrected it.  The fee is up to three cases of Fireball.

Slava Ukraini!
June
Level 2

Form 7206 looks good to me and I want to just file but the instructions are still in draft so I am not sure if I should file yet.   What is everyone else doing?  In my little circle, I am finding about half of the CPAs I know are filing, but the other half are waiting.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I Efiled one with it last week, accepted no issues, if youve still got a yellow bar at the top, just click that X in the right corner of the bar and it will go away!

June
Level 2

I filed my own successfully as well, because I don't mind having to amend mine if something changes.  The draft instructions are still creating a critical diagnostic.  I can file but I am nervous to file anything with a scary critical diagnostic!  Just wondering if I am being to paranoid

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You are being paranoid.  I transmitted one the other day without any issues.

Slava Ukraini!
June
Level 2

You're right!  I'm going to file some tax returns! Thank you 🙂

IRonMaN
Level 15

That's the spirit!!!!!!!  Sometimes you just have to live on the edge and grab a pair of scissors and run like the wind!

Slava Ukraini!
greg
Level 3

Is the 7206 transmitting as part of the return or does it need to be attached as a .pdf?  We are confused since there is no diagnostic but it is an option in the efile attachment list.

0 Cheers
June
Level 2

I don't think it needs to be attached.   It efiles with the return normally.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I never noticed that it was even in the pdf list.  Normally if a form needs to be attached, a warning or error will pop up or the return will get rejected.  I didn't notice any of those "danger Will Robinson" issues popping up for the return I filed and it was accepted.

Slava Ukraini!