Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing Status ERROR

SS2022
Level 2

Hi everyone. Hope someone can help me. I filed a tax return electronically but when I check the e-filing status it says "approved" but with the spouse name and is a MFS return. Did someone have the same problem?

Thank you!

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You posted this in ProSeries, but Im not familiar with PS showing 'Approved' anywhere.

What was the filing status, is MFS wrong?
Where are you seeing Approved?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
SS2022
Level 2

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. The e-filing status says "accepted" but it shows the name of the spouse which is not part of the tax because is a MFS tax return.

dkh
Level 15

There have been reports of this happening.  I don't remember what the resolution was.  You may have to do some boring scrolling through posts or hope a search for the topic is successful.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, I had the same problem.  The return wasn't really accepted --------- it was a "phantom" acceptance.  I just deleted the phantom return and life became good again.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

As a side note, you can't find it using an Intuit search, but you can with Google.  Google is a much better friend than Intuit 😁

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/return-accepted-that-wa...

Slava Ukraini!
SS2022
Level 2

Thank you!

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
puhart
Level 1

When you prepare a MFS (Married filing separate) return, you are required to enter the spouse name and social security number so IRS knows who you are filing separate from!!  That is standard on all tax returns that file MFS.  And if you prepared it correctly, it should say approved. And when the spouse goes to file their return, probably also MFS, they will report their spouse information on their return marked MFS.  And there will be no rejection message that the SSN of one of the people has already filed a return.

So I do not see any reason for concern!!  But you know what, you have your eyes open, noticed something unusual and then "phoned a friend" here in this forum!!  You did a great job!!