Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing Deadline

rcooley25
Level 11

Do you get the idea that many people do not  know that the dead line this year is April 18 and not April 15Th?

8 Comments 8
PATAX
Level 15

many people do not even know what year they are in.

dascpa
Level 11

I have been done since Wednesday with just a few last minute items to finish.  But I still have over 60 who have not returned their e-file authorization forms, no matter how many times I bug them.  So no, to them it's not April 15th versus April 18th.  It's whenever I get around to it.  C'mon man, I'm busy.

rbynaker
Level 13

@rcooley25 wrote:

Do you get the idea that many people do not  know that the dead line this year is April 18 and not April 15Th?

Shhhh, don't tell them!  I like having 3 extra days to deal with the stragglers.  One of my clients found out about the later deadline though and she asked "I am going to be in [your area] on the 18th. Meeting cousin and aunt for dinner at 6. Should I come by after to sign things?"

I'd like to send her to @dascpa next year but that might be too cruel.

PATAX
Level 15

Some do not bring back the sign and dated authorization forms until the deadline because they owe money and the dumbbells think that it is something not good to e-file the return early.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Some rocket scientists think I am the IRS and as long as the 8879 is postmarked by the due date they are good.  As I've said before, this would be a good job if it wasn't for clients.😬

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

I think that there are many of our clients who think we only have them and them alone to be concern about.

I just had someone drop by that  had not spoken to in over a year and he thought he had a tax appointment today.

PATAX
Level 15

@rcooley25 Conceited, selfish, no common sense, dumbbells, pita,  all words that come to mind when thinking of clowns like this.

rcooley25
Level 11

That is only the kind words.

There are other word I could use but I have gotten in enough trouble with Intuit this year over some of the things I have said.