Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 17 2024 filing deadline.

billr617
Level 3

Mass. resident with 4/17/2024 filing deadline. Program won't let me put in 4/17/24 

as federal direct debit date for amount owed. Why?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

ProSeries only uses the overall general date.  If your state has an extension for some reason, it does not take that into account.

Either pay it today, or file it on the 17th.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
RamTest
Level 1

When you are ready to Efile, go to the EF center and highlight the extension to be filed.
Select Efile in the very top header, then Electronic Filing>Convert Transmit Returns/Extensions.
A window will pop up, select "Convert and Transmit selected returns", then UNCHECK "enable conversion error checking", and click OK.
That should file it.

Shame on ProSeries.  This happened a few years ago too.  Had to call a few times to find someone who could give me a solution.

Good Luck.

billr617
Level 3

Thank you Ramtest for quick response. This is for "payment of federal tax due by direct debit".

t won't take 4/17/2024 as a valid date!

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

ProSeries only uses the overall general date.  If your state has an extension for some reason, it does not take that into account.

Either pay it today, or file it on the 17th.

Kat3R0b
Level 1

Thanks so much!! You would think Pro Series would figure this out by now. MA runs into this all the time.  I hope you take some nice time off after this tax season.

0 Cheers
Taxprohere
Level 7

I was expecting to have to mail out a few overlooked extensions (located in MA) on the 16th, but surprisingly was still able to efile them on Tuesday and they were accepted.  Yes, found the 4/17 debits now generating a Fed diagnostic but not for MA.  I simply changed it to 4/16 waited til evening to transmit. By the time it really gets processed, it'll be debited on 17th or 18th anyway.

0 Cheers
billr617
Level 3

Thanks to all for the help! Maybe someday P S will figure it out! Can't remember last time April 15th was the deadline in Mass.!

0 Cheers