Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features

ajp
Level 5

It seems that ProSeries has features that I am not using.  However, I have other software for these tasks.  I am thinking of eliminating the redundancy.  Which features do you find useful and which seem like overkill. 

For example: we use account edge for our firm's accounting.  This includes a nice billing platform.  Proseries also allows for billing, but I don't see how it would be that useful since I would still need account edge for the rest of it.  I really don't like quickbooks, but we currently have that too because of a few clients.  It probably won't be renewed.

Amy

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

Like you said, it's silly to use ProSeries billing if your firm uses other accounting software.  We use Sage for our inhouse accounting software so that's what we use for billing purposes.  I too don't like Quickbooks, but we use it out of necessity because of the number of clients using it.  Using Quickbooks and using ProSeries is like inoculating yourself with a form of cancer since they intertwine with each other and just make our lives more difficult at times.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

ProSeries really isn't billing software, it just prints an invoice.  It doesn't track or total anything for you across all clients.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ljr
Level 8

We use the proseries invoice more as a "receipt" since they are supposed to pay at the time the return is done, so we print it and give it to them. It is an invoice for our mailed in/dropped off returns but we track that a/r separately with the outstanding efile signatures forms.