Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Import Feature

kevin2
Level 2

Every time I scan a 1099-B and try to do an import into ProSeries, the import will not bring in any transaction that lists "Various" in the Date acquired. Further, if I try to view the import in the excel file provided, I can't inset rows to add these missing transactions.  In past years we could add rows if the scan did not pick something up.  

I have tried deleting the scan and trying the import again and each time no transactions with "Various" in the Date Acquired comes through.  I have called ProSeries twice on this and the people on the phone keep saying it is an excel issue, which I know it is not. I can insert rows on other excel spreadsheets I work with and I could do it on past years using this feature. 

Am I doing something wrong or is it a programming issue on ProSeries's part?  I think it is on their end but I can't get anyone their to address the issue. 

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
ljr
Level 8

you could probably key it in faster if you are only doing totals. it would have taken me longer to post the question then to input. I think there were other threads with scanning issues

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The scan and import feature is never 100% reliable, the majority of long time ProSeries users don't even bother with it, the hassles end up taking more time than just keying it in yourself, data entry is the quickest easiest part of our jobs.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
kevin2
Level 2

The scan and import of 1099-B was never great before, but surprisingly the numbers it does capture has been very good this year.  In the past we could go to the Excel spreadsheet that the scan created, make changes (including inserting rows that were missed) and import the corrected numbers. This year even though the scan is working much better than in the past, we can't insert rows and the scan is not picking up anything with "Various" in the acquired date field.

I personally do not like to use the scan and import feature but I acquired another practice last year and their employees like it so I have kept it.  I would use it for 1099-B's only if I was able to import full information.  If this can't be fixed, I may not pay for this service in the future. However if anyone knows how to insert rows in the excel file (like we could in all past years), I would be able to use it.

0 Cheers