Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095-A check boxes copy feature NOT WORKING

moshe
Level 3

In past years when entering columns A, B, and C, on a 1095-A for January, and you wanted to input the same for Feb and March, all you had to do is to hit the little COPY check box by February, and it would copy whatever you filled for Jan, and then once February populated, you could hit the March copy box, and it would copy February, etc..

That is not working this year.

The only thing that is working, similar to last year, is that if you enter January, and want to keep the EXACT SAME NUMBERS FOR ALL 12 MONTHS, then you can hit the copy box next to January, and it would copy everything for all 12 months. But this is only good when all 12 months are exactly the same.

Many times, people's 1095-A numbers change once or twice during the tax year, and therefore we need to have the copy feature fixed on a month the month basis as well.

Please get it done asap. It's already a month late to fix it

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@moshe wrote:

Of course I noticed, that if I type the month of July, and then check the July box, it will carry the numbers down from July to December. But how did I get until July? I would've needed to input the prior 6 months manually, month by month. Or, I would've needed to put in the numbers for January, and then check the January box, to fill up all 12 months with January's numbers, and then delete all numbers it imputed from July to December, and then start again from July..

You are misunderstanding how it works.  It is LESS work this year.

Fill in January.  Check the January Box.

Type over the numbers for July.  Check the July Box.

Done.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You can still make it work. As you mentioned, clicking the box in the month you just typed carries it down the rest of the year.

For example, if the numbers change in July, type in the numbers for July then click the box for July.  That will carry the numbers down.  If it changes again in October, type the numbers for October and click the October box to carry the numbers down.

moshe
Level 3

This is PROSERIES. Every year they raise their prices like everything else. But the product shouldn't be inferior. We shouldn't need to make things halfway work.

Of course I noticed, that if I type the month of July, and then check the July box, it will carry the numbers down from July to December. But how did I get until July? I would've needed to input the prior 6 months manually, month by month. Or, I would've needed to put in the numbers for January, and then check the January box, to fill up all 12 months with January's numbers, and then delete all numbers it imputed from July to December, and then start again from July..

I'm not even asking Proseries, to figure out something new, but to simply look at there 2022 software and copy it for 2023.

Thanks

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@moshe wrote:

You are misunderstanding how it works.  It is LESS work this year.

Fill in January.  Check the January Box.

Type over the numbers for July.  Check the July Box.

Done.

I had the same problem @moshe experienced.  I didn't realize I had to check the box of the month I just entered, as opposed to last year when I checked the next box.  It was annoying to have to check 11 boxes when everything was the same.  Now, I can check it once and get it all done at once.  Seems like an enhancement.  Except when the amount changes during the year.  My personal preference is not to type over something that is already there.  So I can see both sides on this one.  Since in most instances there probably won't be change during the year, overall I would consider this a positive change.

Bottom line is no one is going to be happy with all changes/enhancements made.  

0 Cheers
moshe
Level 3

Fair enough.

Thanks

0 Cheers