Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099- R ($7000) belongs to my child (Dependent under 15yrs), How do I enter a 1099 R for A dependent under 15yrs?

lttaxservices88
Level 1

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
abctax55
Level 15

Umm.... this is YOUR kid?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Your handle implies you are a tax professional.... if so, ignore the above.

( Generic Comment )"

???? Is this a trick question?

I don't know about you, but I would enter a 1099R on the dependent tax return the same way I enter it on the tax return of anyone else.

@abctax55 :

You may be correct; another TurboTax warrior.

abctax55
Level 15

@Frustrated-in-IL 

I'm not sure 'warrior' is term I'd use... 😉

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Lt has been a member since 1/20 so I'm guessing we didn't set up an account 4 years ago waiting for just the right time to ask a Turdddotaxxx question.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Missed that... I just saw the single post.  Still, four years of (assumed) tax prep and this question?

( Generic Comment )"
Taxprohere
Level 7

I'm fascinated by why the "A" is capitalized before dependent.  Archie, Agnes, Anouk?  Aside from that, inferring what the poster may have been asking...LT, you wouldn't add it to the parent(s)' tax return.  Possibly an unrelated to deceased beneficiary with an inherited IRA?