Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Path Validation Check

Phyllis1
Level 2

I filed my returns earlier in the week and I am filing my extensions and I keep getting the message-This feature requires a Fast Path validation check. Please connect to the internet etc.  I have downloaded updates, I have repaired updates and I have checked the region in the control panel.  My license states it is active as it should be until the end of this year.  Intuit is a ghost and I need help.  Any suggestions?  Any & all help is appreciated...

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried clicking tools and license product?

Slava Ukraini!
Phyllis1
Level 2

Yes I have and it says my license is active.  I have checked the control panel and it is set at English, I have run the updates repair. i have turned off and rebooted my computer, I have updated again, I have licensed my product again and nothing helps. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

It might be time for that dreaded call to support

Slava Ukraini!
beanieweenie
Level 2

Tools > Options > Firm/Preparer Info > EFIN and check to make sure that is the correct number. Also check the Electronic Return Originator Info section for the correct firm information and spelling in that section. If you make any changes to the two sections above, run License Products again and try again.

0 Cheers
Phyllis1
Level 2

Tried it and everything was correct but I went in and in put the info again and it didn't help, what else can I try? Thanks for your help

0 Cheers
Phyllis1
Level 2

What support??? they only work Monday thru Friday from 8 am until 5pm.  I remember back in the "old days" when support would actually work 24/7 during the month of April. Do you know of another number that can be called  other than the 844-818-3676?  Thanks for your help

0 Cheers
beanieweenie
Level 2

try the "Troubleshooting error - "This feature requires a Fast Path validation check" portion of this article:
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/assets/help/how-do-i-fix-the-error-you-must-have-an-active-p...
If that doesn't work, try a clean reinstallation:
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/multi-user-mode/help/uninstall-rename-and-reinstall-proserie...

If you need to contact customer support. They are open this weekend Sat & Sun 9a-9p EST, and Mon 9a-3a EST

0 Cheers
Phyllis1
Level 2

What number are you using for support?  The number I have 844-818-3676 states they are closed  until Monday. Thanks

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you need customer service and technical support for ProSeries, ProSeries Basic, and using Intuit Link, call 1-800-434-6818. See How to contact ProSeries for help.

0 Cheers
Phyllis1
Level 2

Just wanted to let you and the others know that I did call customer support and talked with a VERY nice gentleman named Joshua for 1 1/2 hours and we tried everything but at the last moment he suggested we look at my internet connection and I am using McAfee and the VPN was turned on, guess with the renewal and last update, and that was the whole problem all the time.  Turned it off and got my extension filed, now I can breathe.  If everything else fails with the Fast Path licensing, check to see if you have a VPN turned on in your virus software.

Thanks, everyone for the help. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Glad you got it figured out.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers