Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energy efficient home improvement credit

ChiHoang
Level 4

For married couple filing separately, how do I report the cost shared by couple on form 5695 in ProSeries Basic ? Thanks

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Theres a checkbox right at the very top of the form that asks something about that...you might want to check that box then hit the yellow ? button and see what the instructions say.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ChiHoang
Level 4

I checked the box on the top of form 5695, but don't see the yellow ? button as you mentioned.

BTW, for example the total cost of insulation material they paid $7,000. Do I enter $7,000 or $3,500 for each person and click "QuickZoom" in the qualified energy efficiency improvements smart worksheet to get the costs allocated to taxpayer (d) ? Thanks

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The yellow question mark is on the top toolbar, or you can also RIGHT click in that box and choose About Joint Occupancy, but I dont think the program will split the dollars for you, Id guess you have to enter their % of the improvement.....that box just tells IRS there will be 2 returns with the same property address.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers