Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electronic filing

ren57cpa
Level 2

Anyone out there able to convert returns, then have the program not transmit them?

Called the tech support on Saturday the 29th and after 4 plus hours of uninstall, reinstall refresh updates and the like, no luck.

They were supposed to call back within 24 to 48 hours and It's Thursday the 3rd.  Clocks must be slow over there.

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
Camp1040
Level 10

The generally accepted duct tape fix is to update your program, close your program, and then Re-Boot your computer.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Check to be sure youve checked the PTIN Verification box in TOOLS > Firm/Preparer Info 

It should have mentioned it the diagnostics when you ran though review, but I know if the box isnt checked, you wont be able to convert files and you'll show no errors.

ptinverify.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ren57cpa
Level 2

Thanks already did that

0 Cheers
ren57cpa
Level 2

did that twice

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

Are you trying from the EF homebase?

ren57cpa
Level 2

So after four calls to tech support covering around 8 hours, the tech guy says to run the program as an administrator and you should be fine.  (Right Click on Icon and under compatibility click on run as administrator).  That's just wrong.  Guess they don't want to acknowledge the flaw in the software.  Been running Pro Series and it's predecessors since 1999, so this isn't a problem for any of the other years. Sheesh

ren57cpa
Level 2

see my comment

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Are you attempting to Efile from the EF Center or from within the client return is what TAXOH is asking.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ren57cpa
Level 2

Have done it both ways for years and never had a problem

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

Glad you got it resolved even if it wasn't the resolution you were hoping for.  At least you can get them to E-file now.

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@ren57cpa If you only want to convert the returns, but not transmit, highlight the row for the client to be converted in the EF Center, select the EF Now toolbar button, then select the first option in the Electronic Filing Options dialog.

EF_Convert.png

0 Cheers
Sljones1102
Level 2

I have been having the same issue since 01/29/22 and still have not have it resolved. I am going to try this and hopefully it works. The Tech support have not been helpful at all.

Thanks!!

0 Cheers
Hillenburg
Level 4

Maybe I can learn something today.  Why would I convert but not transmit ? 

ren57cpa
Level 2

Software was converting but not transmitting.

I don't push the button unless I want to submit.

Proseries has this issue and doesn't acknowledge.  The fix of running as administrator was hopefully a permanent fix not a patch.  I got about 600 returns to process this year 

0 Cheers
ren57cpa
Level 2

let me know if this worked for you.

0 Cheers