Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Intuit really a tax software company?

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I find the newest update about Form 7203 rather fascinating.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/form-7203-s-corporatio...

Not only did it take Intuit over 15 weeks (or more) to even realize the form is required, they now say it will take almost 8 weeks to actually get the form ready? 

As a side note, when there are delays in State forms, Intuit often blames the States while the States blame Intuit.  Based on how prompt Intuit is with Form 7203, it seems quite obvious who is at fault with those State delays.

3 Comments 3
dascpa
Level 11

Have you ever wondered why Intuit has Lacerte, ProSeries and ProConnect?  Ignore TurboTax for now.  I wonder why (and I'm afraid of the answer) they have 3 same products and have to triplicate the forms and everything.  Yes, I know ProConnect is online.  I expected consolidation years ago.  Easier to have one product and move all the programmers, customer service reps (who?) and others to one platform.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@dascpa wrote:

Have you ever wondered why Intuit has Lacerte, ProSeries and ProConnect? 

Intuit doesn't create tax software.  They BUY software companies like Lacerte and ProSeries/TurboTax.  Intuit just attempts to maintain the software that they purchase, and hand it over to their Evil Marketing Team.

IRonMaN
Level 15

And they buy bits and pieces of software from other companies and try to put them together to see if it will run.  Kinda like buying a 1972 Yugo and a 1977 Pinto, cutting them up, putting the pieces together and then tell folks that you are selling a 2021 Lincoln.

Intuit doesn't really track these posts do they?  Once again, I would hate for these comments to count against me at next year's Champion awards ceremony. 🥇

Slava Ukraini!