Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFiling Extension forms

linette
Level 5

I just completed and tried to file my first business extension and now efiling is not working.

(Unfortunately the first thing I tried to Efile was the extension)

With extension it goes through the process and tells me 1st extension conversion failed.

When I return to the file and click review.

Check everything.

Scroll through everything is green.

Something is not right....Help.

Then I efiled a 1040.

Select the forms federal and state and click button and it tells me ProSeries has stopped working.

The other thing I will have happen is it freezes before you get to where you select the forms.

I have closed the program and restarted.

I have updated the program.

I have restarted the machine.

I have shut the machine off and taken power off of everything.

Any other ideas as to what is causing this and how to fix it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Jenny says to click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner of your computer screen.  If you then click on ProSeries, you will see that option.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you gone to the start menu, clicked on Proseries and then clicked repair updates?  That seems to be a popular fix this year.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
linette
Level 5

Hi IRonMaN,

Jenny says to ask you if you know where repair updates is using Windows 10.

My start menu doesn't show ProSeries to select repair updates.

I am thinking of maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the program based on what you say.

I found an Updater and when I ran that it is coming back with verison failers in 18 or so versions.

Not sure what that means but something is not right.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Jenny says to click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner of your computer screen.  If you then click on ProSeries, you will see that option.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
linette
Level 5

IRonMaN,

Thank you.  I found it!  It didn't work but I learned something new.

Ended up completely uninstalling the program, going to intuit and starting over with the download 2019 and then updating and it cleared whatever the problem was.

Linette

IRonMaN
Level 15

Good luck! 👍

Slava Ukraini!