Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

efile

Level 2

I am trying to efile 2018 and 2019 tax returns.  No errors, updated program, refreshed updates.  Multiple times.  Went to the windows directory to update the programs.  Grrr.  Nothing works.  The CA returns transmitted and were accepted.  The 1040 returns act like they are being transmitted, but I get the message that 0 returns transmitted.  Not sure what else I can try.  Anybody know something I don't?  I need help.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 2

1040 e file has been closed for month. It should reopen by the end of the month 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Level 2

1040 e file has been closed for month. It should reopen by the end of the month 

View solution in original post

Level 1

I need state CA 540 2017 efile, but wont let me. It comes back as ready to transmit after I have tried. 

0 Cheers
Level 2

Thank you for the help.  Great community.

Level 4

was talking to pro series rep she told me the

target date is jan 21, which is impossible

i think since irs is still doing stimulas work

regards, Larry

Level 1

So we can not efile until January 21st?  I have a client that needs 2017, 2018, and 2019.

0 Cheers
Level 15

"I have a client that needs 2017, 2018, and 2019."

Those due dates are long gone and suddenly we are in a rush to file?

As a side note, don't hold your breath counting on that 1/21 date.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Level 9
Level 9

And when efile does open you won't be able to efile 2017.  Only 2018, 2019 and 2020.

Level 13

"jan 21, which is impossible

i think since irs is still doing stimulas work"

The payments are supposed to be completed by Jan 15.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Level 1

I need help with 540 ca 2017, wont efile. I understand Fed is on hold, but need state asap, I have tried all community advice, updated, uncheck fed. home tune, did efile 2016 last month, why 2017 so stubborn. 

0 Cheers