Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

efile

tax lady
Level 2

I am trying to efile 2018 and 2019 tax returns.  No errors, updated program, refreshed updates.  Multiple times.  Went to the windows directory to update the programs.  Grrr.  Nothing works.  The CA returns transmitted and were accepted.  The 1040 returns act like they are being transmitted, but I get the message that 0 returns transmitted.  Not sure what else I can try.  Anybody know something I don't?  I need help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hireanea
Level 3

1040 e file has been closed for month. It should reopen by the end of the month 

View solution in original post

18 Comments 18
hireanea
Level 3

1040 e file has been closed for month. It should reopen by the end of the month 

mdtao31
Level 7

was talking to pro series rep she told me the

target date is jan 21, which is impossible

i think since irs is still doing stimulas work

regards, Larry

Brandy Mims
Level 1

So we can not efile until January 21st?  I have a client that needs 2017, 2018, and 2019.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I have a client that needs 2017, 2018, and 2019."

Those due dates are long gone and suddenly we are in a rush to file?

As a side note, don't hold your breath counting on that 1/21 date.

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11

And when efile does open you won't be able to efile 2017.  Only 2018, 2019 and 2020.

Gris
Level 1

I need help with 540 ca 2017, wont efile. I understand Fed is on hold, but need state asap, I have tried all community advice, updated, uncheck fed. home tune, did efile 2016 last month, why 2017 so stubborn. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"jan 21, which is impossible

i think since irs is still doing stimulas work"

The payments are supposed to be completed by Jan 15.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Gris
Level 1

I need state CA 540 2017 efile, but wont let me. It comes back as ready to transmit after I have tried. 

0 Cheers
tax lady
Level 2

Thank you for the help.  Great community.

Amatos1040
Level 1

Has this problem been resolved yet?  I also, am trying to efile 2019 1040 and it will not transmit to intuit. Can any help?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

The Feds are not accepting individual forms efiled until Feb 12. As it is, Intuit planned to accept and hold them starting today. You might be jumping the gun. Not all the forms are finalized, yet, either.

0 Cheers
Amatos1040
Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me. I was hoping to efile 2019 1040 return. I thought since it was the prior year, i could efile it. I guess I'll wait till tomorrow to see if I can efile the 2019 return. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I guess I'll wait till tomorrow"

Stop Trying. Take two weeks off. The IRS is not accepting efile. It's a big notice at the top of this page; your software has the notification. It's even been on my evening news feed.

You really need to sign up for the government's enewsletters. They tell you this stuff.

0 Cheers
Amatos1040
Level 1

Thanks. I will.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

The link at the top of the page goes here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/2019-e-file-start-and-stop-dates-for-federal...

Here:

This article will help you determine whether or not you can e-file current federal tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, and other businesses.

When will e-filing for 2019 and 2018 returns reopen?

E-filing for tax year 2019 and 2018 business returns will resume on January 8, 2021.

E-filing for tax year 2019 and 2018 individual returns will resume on February 12, 2021.

When can I e-file 2020 returns?

Return typeIRS opensIntuit opens
BusinessJanuary 8, 2021January 19, 2021
Individual (1040)February 12, 2021Intuit will begin holding returns on January 28, 2021
qbteachmt
Level 15

This just arrived by email:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-set-to-begin-february-12

Government e-newsletter signup

Such as:

https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USIRS/subscriber/new?preferences=true

For a bunch of portals. You are likely going to want IRS, Payroll, SBA, DOL. You get to checkmark what you want to get for notices.

0 Cheers

I am trying to efile a 2019 tax return.  No errors, updated program, refreshed updates many times. and did a windows update. The 1040 returns act like they are being transmitted, but I get the message that 0 returns transmitted. Also it says Tax Year 2019 1040 Transmissions are not available. Does anyone have a straight answer?  

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Does anyone have a straight answer?"

Well, a more Current answer would not be in this topic from late January.

Have you realized that it is just Today, while you are posting, that the filing season is opening? You tried at 7am local time, but you might simply wait a few hours, or even until Monday, to let every system get open and functioning.

0 Cheers