Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile error

DCI
Level 3

After the update this morning we get the following error when efiling: "ERO EIN or SSN/PTIN must be entered on the ERO info screen to file electronically."

We have been filing fine until now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Tools > Options > ERO Info, is it filled in?  If not, try Tools > License Product   see if that pulls it in

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
DCI
Level 3

Yes, ERO info filled in - as it was yesterday

Licencing does not help unfortunately.  

I am loathe to do run a repair update as it takes hours....

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

same message for all files?  You may be stuck calling support, I don't think Repair Updates will fix this.

DCI
Level 3

Problem resolved by Support

😁

ATBLLC
Level 3

Not sure if this will answer your question, but make sure your EFIN info is entered on the EFILE info worksheet under "ERO Info" section.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@DCI  did they have to fix it on their end?

0 Cheers
DCI
Level 3

Somehow the ERO information had disappeared from the ERO originator info window (although was still in the Firm/Preparer info window).  Whether that was caused by the update or some other gremlin, we will never know!

But yes - all working now

Intuit_Ramky
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Could you please send the logs by following below steps:

Go to => C:\ProWin23\32bit\logs\ zip entire folder to a file and send it to ProSeries_Engineering@intuit.com by mentioning subject with your username

Thanks.

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Hey @Intuit_Ramky   Staff keeps telling us to mark as solved so people look for answers.  It would be nice if you told us what the solution is in this particular instance among others.  Then the general squad would know if this problem occurred to them.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I talked to another PS user on FB and her ERO info disappeared after yesterdays update too

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Thanks Lisa, but my point is why not tell us how to resolve in case it happens to us.  Rather than we have resolved your issue.

0 Cheers