Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching a State Return to Georgia to support Credit for Taxes Paid to Other States

dbbooks
Level 2

I have a Georgia return that I have a Credit for Taxes Paid to South Carolina.  It gives me the error that the state return needs to be attached. I created a PDF of the South Carolina state return and when thru the attachment process.  It asks for a TYPE and none of the codes listed appear to represent the situation or form.  I selected Other and titled, but it is still not clearing the error. I have tried all of the other codes and it still is not removing the error.  I attempted to send the return for digital signature and it will not allow Georgia due to efile review error. Any suggestions?  Do I also need to rename the file name to SC1040 for the form name?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dbbooks
Level 2

DISREGARD - Georgia was listed incorrectly on the main INFO worksheet (listed as the full year and listed in the Non-Resident section with South Carolina.    I could not figure out how to remove the post.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
dbbooks
Level 2

DISREGARD - Georgia was listed incorrectly on the main INFO worksheet (listed as the full year and listed in the Non-Resident section with South Carolina.    I could not figure out how to remove the post.

slyman
Level 1

How is the Credit for taxes paid in other states for the Georgia return resolved? I have attached other state returns and continue to get the error.

0 Cheers
slyman
Level 1

Found it the OS Tax Return has to be selected as the attachment type and then the error goes away

0 Cheers
taxprep19
Level 2

Any other thoughts on this? I also clicked OS tax return for Colorado state return and the error was not removed. Will not let me e-file with the error there.

0 Cheers