Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-file question

PATAX
Level 15

Preparing return for elderly client who received principal and interest from an installment sale, seller financed, of one of his rental properties. We pick up all of the applicable principal, and 100% of the interest. We have the name and address of course of the individual who paid it, but he apparently does not have the social security number. Would this prevent e-filing? Could I efile it and disable error checking? Client is elderly and not well, and I'm not sure if he's going to be able to obtain the social security number, and some people don't want to give it anyways, i.e. the identity theft paranoid crowd. Thanks for help.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I put zero for interest on the 6252 worksheet and then just put the person’s name directly on schedule B for one that I had like your situation.  CAGMC

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

I put zero for interest on the 6252 worksheet and then just put the person’s name directly on schedule B for one that I had like your situation.  CAGMC

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks Iron Man I appreciate it

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!