Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 EFile Question

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Normally I can figure things out but this one has me still wondering. I know e-file not open yet but if I  prepare a return and get it all ready and put the date PIN entered on the federal information worksheet it will only accept a date betwen 01/01/22 and 12/31/22.. ran updates. no updates available.. this is not a repair issue i don't think as there is an acual error message saying the date has to be in 2022.  thank you. 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

There have been a million posts on the issue the last couple of days.  To get the return filed, use today's date and then when you convert the file for e-filing unclick the box for error checking.   Problem solved

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

19 Comments 19
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I think it will be fine once e-file opens back up, as we all file late returns, and put the date we file them

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Mine too and I agree with @Terry53029 .

Plus, its seems to be a PS issue, if you disable error checking, it should go through when ready. 

ShoeBox Taxes
Level 5

Well, e-filing is back up and running, and it's still not letting me e-file. It's claiming I can't enter a date after 12/31/2022. That's never been the case before. Is there a change in the law?

0 Cheers
Jpell
Level 1

I have same error, tried to efile with 12/30/22 and got rejected

odd since I had no problem with a 2020 using 2023 date

Jp

pacfanab
Level 2

I too am having the problem - rejected return saying date PIN was entered had to be current year.   OK - so went in put 1/24/23 and ProSeries is saying must be a date between 1/1/22 and 12/31/2022. 

"Houston, I think we have a problem" 

0 Cheers
ses1
Level 1

I have the same issue on several 2021 returns that i tried to file this week.  If I use 2023 date the program will not accept it, if I use I use 2022 date the IRS will not accept .  Help !  what is next step?  I have been using Proseries ten year and this first time I have had a problem like this

IRonMaN
Level 15

There have been a million posts on the issue the last couple of days.  To get the return filed, use today's date and then when you convert the file for e-filing unclick the box for error checking.   Problem solved

Slava Ukraini!
Greta
Level 9

How/where do I unclick the box for error checking?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Look carefully in the window that pops up when you convert the file for e-filing.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
ASPCPA
Level 1

Screen shot where to uncheck

0 Cheers
SGM Tax
Level 3

This remedy is not working for me. I am using Pro Series basic.

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9

I think some years ago I got rid of that box, thinking I never use it. Now I can't seem to get rid of the error any other way?

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm pretty sure you didn't get rid of that box.  Are you filing the return from within the return or from the EF center homebase?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
pacfanab
Level 2

The suggestion of "unchecking" error checking did not work --- Return still be rejected

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Did you use today's date?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
SGM Tax
Level 3

Figured it out. I used 1/20/23. I efiled directly from EF Center, highlighted the file without opening it, then converted and transmitted manually.

That was the missing ingredient.

It worked.

Thanks guys.

kap600
Level 2

I used the work around (unchecking the error check box) and efiled.  The federal went through and shows as "accepted".    However, the state tax return (NC), the status shows as "sent to state" and has not changed in several days.  When you update status, it doesn't change.

I am not sure how to proceed.  Is there a way to cancel the efile and then resubmit?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Has NC started accepting returns yet?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
kap600
Level 2

The website says NC started accepting on Jan 27.  I filed a return on Jan 29.  Apparently Intuit corrected the date warning error as I entered 1-29-23 in the PIN date field and it didn't show as an error.

The federal as been accepted, the NC status is still "sent to state".  So I think NC may be the problem.

0 Cheers