Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E File error

DGinsburg
Level 1

I filed a fedral extension. The extension says complete, but I can't filr actual return because it says first federal extension not completed.

Thanks

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
up at the very top of the 4868 is box to Freeze the figures, you have to have that checked.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
DGinsburg
Level 1

Thanks, but the form 7004 has the box checked to freeze the numbers

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
ohh on a 7004, theres another box somewhere about 10 million of dollars, I cant remember the exact verbiage...is that box checked?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Eric65
Level 1

Both boxes have been checked and still getting the error message.  Rebooted and no impact.  First time this has happened in over 10 years so this seems to be a ProSeries issue.  Help as I can't e-file this and everything has been done the same as on the other returns I have filed this year.

0 Cheers
lowcountrycpa
Level 1

I'm having the same exact issue.  Help!

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Have you run the error checking and final review? See what shows up in red

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
lowcountrycpa
Level 1

Thanks.  I ended up calling Intuit.  Definitely was a program issue but got it corrected.

0 Cheers
pbtax
Level 1

You have to go to the EF Center, then click "Update EF Status" on the extension. You can now file the return once that is cleared.

Bonnie
Level 3

As PBTAX wrote, the extension must first be "accepted" before you can file the actual return. Keep checking updates until it shows as accepted. Then you'll be able to file the return.

0 Cheers