Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System memory error when trying to attach e-file

AimeeZ
Level 2

Hi all,

I am getting this error when trying to attach a pdf file to a state return.  I tried rebooting and opening only ProSeries, but still get it.  I don't know if this is a my system issue or a ProSeries issue.  Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Aimee

Capture.PNG

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

how large is the PDF you're attaching?  what exactly are you attaching, is it truly necessary?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
AimeeZ
Level 2

Two pages.  And yes, necessary for Ohio for the SGO scholarship documentation.  It's not a big file.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

weird, I cant say Ive seen that message before, I thought maybe is was a 150 page 1099B that was making it choke.

Do you have any other programs running, like QB or any other Intuit product?

@IntuitGabi  any words of wisdom with this one?

0 Cheers
AimeeZ
Level 2

No.  I literally rebooted and only opened ProSeries.  I've had the 150 page 1099-B error before, though.  🙂

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is it only that file that gives the error?  If you open a dummy/sample return (or even use your own return as a guinea pig) and try to attach a PDF do you get a similar message? 

Im wondering if you use Save As and give that file a new name, then try to attach to that new file, if it would make any difference...for some reason that works now and then when a file doesnt act like it should.

0 Cheers
AimeeZ
Level 2

I don't even get to the point where it opens up the e-file attachment window.  It does it immediately after I click on "attach pdf files" from the e-file menu.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

for any file?  Wow, yea, Id probably try and call support and see what can be done about that.

0 Cheers
Intuit_Ramky
Employee
Employee

Is the issue still happening? Could you mention which state you are trying to add pdf attachment? And can you also confirm you are getting this error after clicking pdf attach icon before the attachment window opens.

0 Cheers
AimeeZ
Level 2

Thanks, all. It was our server itself.  The memory was going bad.  Once we added new memory, poof!  The issue went away.