Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-file eligibility

Stumpedagain
Level 3

I have client who has $90,000 in NOL carryforwards remaining from 2015-19 losses on his farm due to the drought in West Texas in those years.  He has sold it and since retired.  The only income he has now is a 1099R for 31,000 and social security for 26,000.  He has a 1,900 refund coming.  No errors on the return but Proseries diagnostics say he is not eligible to e-file because his refund is more than his total income with the NOL deduction.  I have been e-filing this return this way for several years.  The only change I know of is that for 2021 the NOL deduction is limited to 80% of taxable income.  Proseries calculates the carryforward correctly but does not limit the deduction correctly.  I was on the phone with Proseries help for 3 hours yesterday; does anyone have any idea what the problem is?  I do not want this elderly couple to have to paper file their return and wait forever for their refund.  I am at a total loss.  Proseries said they are still working on it, gave me a case#....

0 Cheers