Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CANNOT CONTINUE WITH THIS PROSERIES!

IRACPA4U
Level 3

Why is it that every year ProSeries and the State of Alabama cannot agree on forms before tax season?  Why are the other preparers using OTHER tax software able to print and file long before us ProSeries users are?  This is costing me clients! They do not understand (nor do I).  All I can do is enter and put in a box.........I guess this will be my last year as I cannot do this EVERY year! Just NOT acceptable........... Sad because I have been a customer since 2005.

9 Comments 9
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

If ProSeries does not work for you, you are probably correct and it is time to move on.

Kind of like the old proverb (or whatever) "Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me a whole bunch of times shame on me"

RollTide68
Level 8

Alabama is ready now.  I just printed my first one an hour ago.

Tax Man Tan
Level 4

Honestly, I am more disappointed with Pro-Series each year. It's like they sit around and think of ways to make the program worse, and not better!

0 Cheers
boreilly462
Level 2

I agree, I've been a user since 1996 and over the past few years it's gotten worse and worse. There are features that were routine year after year, that now I'm concerned and worried if they are calculating correctly.

Tax Man Tan
Level 4

WOW! I called in today to get some answers from them on different things. The rep who answered was not able to help me or give me any answers, so I asked for a supervisor. He say's hold on and he'll try to get one for me. I was about 25 minutes. He comes back and says his supervisor has too much work to take my call....... Their service is horrendous. We'll be looking to switch tax software next year.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Part of the problem with support is, way too many people call support for the stupidest little things.  Folks today want instant gratification and can't spend 2 minutes to try and figure something simple out for themselves.  Those folks tie up support and make it more difficult for someone that has a real issue to get through for help when they need it.

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

OR, was your comment really about Tacos or Tuxedos?

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
Tax Man Tan
Level 4

i get that. But those folks issues, if that simple should also take a mere 5 minutes to deal with, freeing the rep up rather quickly. regardless of what people are calling for, if they are paying customers they should be helped and treated accordingly. Especially customers who have been loyal users for 20+ years.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"if that simple should also take a mere 5 minutes"

You are relatively new here and haven't been reading the posts that have shown up here over the years.  Some people could take an hour just asking support what time it is.

@joshuabarksatlcs - noon hour was tacos, this afternoon we are going to be working on tuxedo orders.

Slava Ukraini!