Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUPLICATED CUSTOMER EACH TIME I GO INTO CLIENT???

beyette10
Level 2

I CANNOT FILE ANY OF MY CLIENTS??  I have the instructions "reconciling your Homebase database. Where= browse + To Iind Folder dialog box.  default selection is in the directory? which is PROBABLY 

\BASWINYY\YYDATA.)  ????  WHY DO I HAVE TO GO THRU THIS........YOU HAD THE SAME PROBLEM LAST YEAR!  I've only tried to do this approx. 30 times and all my customers are VERY unhappy..  Somebody at INTUIT PROSERIES BASIC could help me by phone!! HELP, HELP  Beyette Tax Service, Sandra 410.543.1313

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

sounds like you've got client data files stored in more than one folder, so youre opening from one folder, then saving to another, creating multiple files per client.

Or are you renaming the client when you save it?   Then youd end up with multiple files for the same person with different file names.

Someone using Basic will need to walk you through determining which folders you have chosen for what.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
abctax55
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/last-year-this-year-i-p...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

sounds like you've got client data files stored in more than one folder, so youre opening from one folder, then saving to another, creating multiple files per client.

Or are you renaming the client when you save it?   Then youd end up with multiple files for the same person with different file names.

Someone using Basic will need to walk you through determining which folders you have chosen for what.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

have you tried to call support? 

0 Cheers
beyette10
Level 2

yes = no help

0 Cheers
beyette10
Level 2

yes I am saving client with new acct!  My problem is deleting the extra 1040 copies/accts that are no good!  How to remove them??  Thanks, Sandy😚

0 Cheers
beyette10
Level 2

yes and just sent me to somewhere else in Proseries Basic without How To!  Thanks, Sandy

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

From a regular 1040 view, you should be able to highlight the duplicate that you dont want anymore and hit the Delete key on teh keyboard OR right click on it and choose Delete. This wont work from the EFCenter, only a regular HB view.

You really shouldnt change the names on them each year, the 3 digit extension on the end of the file name i.e. .21i .20i .19i shows you what year the file is for, you should leave the same exact filename to roll to each year.