Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client file missing

faugust
Level 1

I lost a client in client file but the client file appears in another client's file column with lost client social security last four numbers in client column  and  ss# column the other client ss# appears.    anybody ever experience this?  I am unable to retrieve and tried several ways 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@faugust wrote:

I lost a client in client file but the client file appears in another client's file column with lost client social security last four numbers in client column  and  ss# column the other client ss# appears.    anybody ever experience this?  I am unable to retrieve and tried several ways 

Not sure I follow exactly what youre saying....have you exited the program and restarted/logged back in and found the same thing?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
faugust
Level 1

A client disappeared on client file list.  A second client shows missing client last 4 ss# in client file list column and second clients correct SS# in SS column.  So it appears another client has missing client file SS# in first column of client file list and their actual SS# in SS# column of client file list    its crazy   

0 Cheers
faugust
Level 1

yes I re booted computer and went out of program.  A client disappeared from client file list and I recently completed his taxes and efiled him.  Days later I noticed he was missing however his last four ss# appear in another clients file, and other client's  correct ss# in client file SS# column appears.  So second client has two SS# assigned to his file.   The missing client somehow is combined with another client.   

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Very weird....Im not sure where to go with this.

"So second client has two SS# assigned to his file.   The missing client somehow is combined with another client.   "

If you open the second client file that has 2 SSNs assigned to it, do you see the info of the missing client?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers