Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had their tax return rejected with error F8962-070.Missing information regarding the APTC, these two clients do not need to file form 8962, they don't have 1095A

belen0413
Level 1
The review shows no errors, it lets me file the client's tax return, but then it rejects the return due to not having a form 8962.
0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS has information that a 1095A was issued to your clients SSN, they need to call healthcare.gov and find out what they have for them for 2021.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Best I can tell, this means the IRS thinks your client has marketplace insurance.  Doesn't necessarily mean the IRS is right but I don't think the IRS will accept it without an 8962.  I noticed Drake also has this reject code in their list of top 10 rejects this week so I don't think this is specifically a ProSeries problem.

Since our society is well on its way to Idiocracy, if someone on the return had a marketplace policy in the prior year, maybe it auto-renewed.  You might also look for ID theft.  Or, they certainly wouldn't be the first client who had marketplace insurance and didn't know it.

Rick

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Much rather get a reject than the return hung in error processing for 3 months before sending a letter asking for the form that takes another 3 months to process!

belen0413
Level 1

Thanks, however these are the only two clients I have e-filed so far, not related at all and they both were rejected for the same reason.

I have been preparing their taxes for years, neither one of them had Marketplace insurance in 2021 or ever, they are covered by health insurance at work.

It seems as some sort of glitch either from IRS or Intuit.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
They need to call healthcare.gov and see why IRS has been given this information. You wont be able to EF the return as is. Worst case I guess you could enter all zeros to get it accepted, but Id expect it being pulled into manual error checking and the refund delayed while IRS figures it out.

lucrecia
Level 4

1095 A Still haunts us!😩

0 Cheers
clarkd01
Level 2

Have a client with this same issue.  Clients are on Medicare and do not need to file form 8962.   Is there a fix for this or do we need to mail a paper copy in?

0 Cheers
mhsmith53
Level 3

I also had a client with this issue. They were not  enrolled in coverage through a Health Insurance Marketplace (the had workplace insurance & Medicare)

I chose to follow Lisa's suggestion on form for 1095-A (e.g. enter 0's)

Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and Policy number.

Enter $1 for January monthly premium amount and SLCSP (can't enter zeros)

This client had a balance due so doesn't matter if return is pulled for review

0 Cheers