Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Pro-series going to be able to acknowledge If a 1095-A is missing?? A client received form 1095-A after e-file and pro-series did not warn me like last year

edwin81
Level 2

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

Someone received a rejection the other day for one missing 

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

How would the software warn you if you were missing a 1095-A? How would it even know? I think thats something you need to ask the taxpayer.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think we were referring to the return being rejected since that was a popular rejection last year.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Im not sure I understand the question then? Do they mean a error stating one was in last years tax return. 

I dont normally have that problem as I have the prior years hard copy or you can check via last years digital.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Last year, client forgets to provide form and return gets rejected and preparer tells client dig up the form and return is corrected and accepted.  Our friend filed a 2023 return that was accepted and client shows up the next day and says oops, I forgot to give you this.   Now it’s time to amend.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Isn't that an IRS issue? They are the ones who reject, right?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes, it is the IRS doing the leg work instead of ProSeries but I knew what they were getting at.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Makes sense my friend. I was miffed at what the OP wanted. 

edwin81
Level 2

Exactly my point

0 Cheers