Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you efile Form 990 and then paper file 990-T separately in ProSeries?

coralli
Level 2

I know the software does not support e-filing F990-T is that an exemption to e-filing? Do they have to be mailed in together or can we efile the 990 and paper file the 990-T separately? 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Go ahead and e-file the 990 and paper file the 990T.

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Tomatoes (I had to get rid of the turtles - they kept running away)
coralli
Level 2

It is saying unable to efile because of the 990-T not being able to be efiled? Is there a way I can exclude the 990-T or what can I do to let me efile it?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I answered on the other post that you hopped on to.  You really need to stick to one post instead of the leapfrogging that you are doing.

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Tomatoes (I had to get rid of the turtles - they kept running away)
SL
Level 2

Where you able to e file the 2019 990 form?  I also have a 990 to efile and a 990T to paper file.  when I checked the box 990 only and selected e file, the system gave me a critical error message and would not e file (indicating there is also a 990T with information).  when I check the box for 990 and 990T, i get an error message that the 990T cannot be e filed.  I have not attempted to e file with the box checked for both 990 and 990T.  

How did you resolve?

steve

0 Cheers
coralli
Level 2

Once I checked to efile the 990 only, it allowed me to without attaching the 990-T. The 990-T has to be paper filed and so we mailed it separately. I'm not sure why else you would be receiving the error, sorry.

0 Cheers