Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Organizer Print Order so Orgch: 2020 Documents to send preparer

Lord Happy
Level 5

Happy day,

To me, probably the most important aspect of the organizer is the Documents to Send Preparer.  I want that page to print first with the short organizer.

I visited the change print order screen and have selected the organizer from the dropdown.  I have highlighted Orgch: 2020 Documents to Send Preparer, clicked the Move Up button to move that form all the way up.

I traipsed over to the control which forms print screen and for the line that says tax documents to send preparer, I chose always.

And yet, the document list prints next to last.  So clearly, I am doing something wrong.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I see what you mean -  I don't think it's you. I've filed a bug in our internal system.. thank you for bringing this to our attention. Interestingly it does work for the Full Copy and the Preparer Copy.

Also that's a brilliant way to show me how painful it is to move something in that dialog from the very bottom to the very top.  I'll look into adding "move to top" / "move to bottom" buttons 🙂

Lord Happy
Level 5

Happy day...when might one know if it has been addressed, outside of running an update and seeing?

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Generally speaking, I try to update a post if something got addressed. If you add a bug report to the idea exchange, that has a mechanism Austin uses to notify of status (under review, addressed, etc).

In this case the  issue has not been prioritized for resolution yet. When this feature was first implemented the intent was to allow for reordering of the full client organizer. The expectation was that there was no need to do so for the short organizer. We'll need to get in there and update the experience and the plumbing to make it so, which just means we need to plan and prioritize it.

0 Cheers
Lord Happy
Level 5

Happy day,

I see...I was thinking that since the re-ordering function is available for the short organizer, that it was designed to work there.  I mean, why else would it be there, right?  🙂

So do I need to go to a different region of boards to submit it as a bug? 

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm already tracking it internally, but if you resubmit in our "idea exchange" the additional votes and comments help with prioritization. 

ProSeries Tax Idea Exchange

0 Cheers