Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Form 568 for SMLLC

khorshed
Level 3

do I need to report income & expenses (again) on CA Form 568 for SMLLC which was already reported on CA 540 & 1040 Sch "C"?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Yes... for gross receipts.  See Sch IW.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
abctax55
Level 15

Yes... for gross receipts.  See Sch IW.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If you check the box at the top portion of Sch C that its a CA LLC, it will flow all the numbers to the 568 for you.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
khorshed
Level 3

And I will assume no need to file 1065 Fed, Correct?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
An SMLLC is disregarded for federal tax purposes. You file Sch C, same as any sole proprietor. No 1065 needed.

Marlon D
Level 2

Just got off the phone with ProSeries Tech support and was told that the CA Form 568 only generates in Professional and that I would have to manually prepare and attach the 568 to the CA filing.  Has anyone else had this experience?  Seems counterintuitive to the function of the Basic software when the Federal Schedule C has a checkbox for CA LLC to flow through.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you purchased Basic, you have access to Professional to download/install as well.   

You can then transfer the file over into Professional, ONLY mark the 568 for Efiling and you can EF just that return through Professional, and the 1040/540 in Basic. 

Yes, you'll get stuck with the state PPR fee, I think its around $45? it may be worth the time you save having to prepare manually with Basic.

Marlon D
Level 2

Thank you.  You are absolutely correct.  I just got off the phone with PS and did just that. The PPR charge is $49 but if I can efile just the 568 instead of manually completing and mailing then I'll absorb the hit.

Thanks again for your prompt response.

FREDW21901
Level 3

I did entire Fed and CA return in Professional with one Sch. C as sole prop and another for other business as SMLLC which created and transferred info to 568 but wants me to check EF on federal return (presumably a 1065 that is not needed) but the Fed Info worksheet does not provide option for EF for 568. Any ideas without creating a 1065?

0 Cheers
Marlon D
Level 2

I'm not 100% certain but make sure you check the box on the Fed Sch C for the LLC indicating that it is a CA SMLLC if you haven't already.  That may provide you to option to e-file the 568 as a standalone.  It worked for me as I had the same problem.

0 Cheers
FREDW21901
Level 3

Creates 568 ok but in 568 won't allow EF without EF marked on 1065 which I don't need.

0 Cheers
Marlon D
Level 2

The only thing that I can think of is that if the CA SMLLC box is not checked it may be picking it up as a multi-member thus requiring the 1065.  If you  have checked the box then a call to customer support may be warranted.

0 Cheers
TaxHero
Level 1

On Individual 1040 Federal Information Worksheet, under Part VI Electronic filing of Tax, select "CA Single Member LLC".  When you prepare Sch "C" make sure to check the box at the top portion of Sch C that it says "Check this box if filling this Sch C as an LLC in CA" it will flow all the numbers to the 568 for you. 

FREDW21901
Level 3

Thanks, for some reason the CA LLC was not showing up when I searched for state EF in drop down list but now I found it and it worked fine.

0 Cheers